Our feet is another area of big importance that is often forgotten about. Daily load, differently shaped shoes, sweating, infection risks – all corresponds to the wellness and beauty of your feet. Some more serious conditions can be influenced by diseases as diabetes, hypothyroidism, dermatitis or psoriasis. It can result in painful cracking and fissures, that will affect both esthetic look and health.
The prevention of dramatic condition is simple, just follow several steps:
- Make home baths for your feet with softening oils, exfoliate with moisturizing scrubs
- Rub your heels regularly to prevent the formation of thick skin (use a pumice stone or foot file)
- After the washing procedures, apply sufficient amount of thick moisturizing and nourishing cream, leave it on for 10 min or wear special moisturizing socks during the sleep – it will let cream absorb fully.
- Take care that you don’t get funghus – always wear slippers in public places(saunas, ers, pool). For prevention use antibacterial products after being in such places. If problem is already present, the product should contain some of the active ingredients (terbinafine, tolnaftate, miconazole, ciclopirox, or clotrimazole) – powders, sprays, lotions, ointments.
- Don’t forget toenails! It is always good to have a professional pedicure, but if you like doing it at home – cut nails straight to avoid ingrown nails. Use cuticle cream and vit E oil.
- You should also wear a sunscreen for the tops of the feet when they are exposed to sun to prevent ageing, pigmentation and drying.
Keep your feet fresh and smooth!